Those involved with Junior Sessions have an extra level of responsibility and certain devolved power from the committee. Therefore, anyone wishing to be involved with junior rowing must have read and understood the guidance set out by Exmouth Gig Club and sign a declaration around their conduct.
Code of conduct
All coxes, junior crew facilitators and volunteers involved in junior rowing should:
- Consider the well-being and safety of participants before the development of performance.
- Develop an appropriate working relationship with participants, based on mutual trust and respect.
- Make sure all activities are appropriate to the age, ability and experience of those taking part.
- Promote the positive aspects of the sport (e.g. fair play).
- Display consistently high standards of behaviour and appearance.
- Follow all guidelines laid down by British Rowing, the CPGA and the club.
- Never exert undue influence over performers to obtain personal benefit or reward.
- Never condone rule violations, rough play or the use of prohibited substances.
- Encourage participants to value their performances and not just results.
- Encourage and guide participants to accept responsibility for their own performance and behaviour.
- Ensure that no member receives less favourable treatment on the grounds of age, gender, disability, race, ethnic origin, nationality, colour, parental or marital status, pregnancy, religious belief, social status, sexual orientation or political belief.
If you have been DBS checked please follow this link to register your details.