As part of our safeguarding policy, we will:
- Promote and prioritise the safety and wellbeing of children and young people.
- Value, listen to and respect children ensure robust safeguarding arrangements and procedures are in operation.
- Adopt safeguarding best practice through our policies, procedures and code of conduct for volunteers.
- Ensure everyone understands their roles and responsibilities in respect of safeguarding and is provided with appropriate learning opportunities to recognise, identify and respond to signs of abuse, neglect and other safeguarding concerns relating to children and young people.
- Provide effective management for staff and volunteers through supervision, support, training and quality assurance measures so that all staff and volunteers know about our policies, procedures and behaviour codes and follow them confidently and competently.
- Ensure appropriate action is taken in the event of incidents or concerns of abuse and support provided to the individual(s) who raise or disclose the concern.
- Ensure that confidential, detailed and accurate records of all safeguarding concerns are maintained and securely stored record and store information securely, in line with data protection legislation and guidance.
- Prevent deployment of unsuitable individuals by recruiting and selecting staff and volunteers safely, ensuring all necessary checks are made.
- Appoint a nominated safeguarding lead for children and young people and a lead committee member for safeguarding.
- Develop and implement an effective online safety policy and related procedures.
- Share information about safeguarding and good practice with children and their parents via emails and one-to-one discussions to make sure that children, young people and their parents know where to go for help if they have a concern.
- The policy and procedures will be widely promoted and are mandatory for everyone involved in Exmouth Gig Club.
- Failure to comply with the policy and procedures will be addressed without delay and may ultimately result in dismissal or exclusion from Exmouth Gig Club.
This policy will be reviewed a year after development and then every three years, or in the following circumstances:
- Changes in legislation and/or government guidance
- As required by the local safeguarding partnership, UK Sport and/or Devon County Council and British Rowing
- As a result of any other significant change or event.
This policy was last reviewed on 30 August 2022
Safeguarding/Welfare Officer Name: Victoria Leyland
Tel: 07920 067 037
In a safeguarding emergency, where a young person is at immediate risk of harm, call 999.