Who will control my data?
The data controller/processor for all the information you provide is the Exmouth Pilot Gig Club.
There is something that I don’t understand
If you need help in understanding any element of this, please contact email@example.com
How will we use the information about you?
Membership Forms – The information that you provide on Club Membership Forms will form the basis for the club conﬁrm who is conﬁrmed members of the club, who is covered by our insurance, to contact yourself regarding rowing or club based activities or events.
Email Address – Email is our main form of communication and your email address will be kept on the Club Secretary’s contact list.
Website Register – The information you provide to access to Membership section of the website will only be accessible to Club Members and is for the purpose of booking rows and informing of events.
Other – The data you provide on the Contact Information Message Board or various club related message and social media sites are at your own discretion and out of the remit of this Notice.
Who else will we share your information with?
Your information will only be accessible to Committee Members or Duty Coxewains to allow them to organise rowing sessions. We will not share to another organisation without your prior knowledge.
How will we look after your data?
Your data will be held on a third party data storage server and the website hosting/email server. Access to your information will only be made by authorised Exmouth Gig Club Committee Members.
How long will you keep this information for?
Our Club Membership year is from 1st April – 31st March at which time all members are required to renew their membership and thereby give permission for us to use their data for the following year. All Membership forms and digital ﬁles from the previous year will be deleted or shredded within the following 6 months. Anonymous data will be held indefinitely.
What are your data rights?
Your personal information belongs to you and you have the right to:
- Be informed of how it will be processed
- Request a copy of what we hold about you and in commonly used electronic format if you wish (if you provide this to us electronically for automated processing we will return if in the same way)
- Have it amended if its incorrect or incomplete
- Have it deleted (where we do not have a legal requirement to retain it)
- Information will not be deleted where it is in the legitimate interests to retain the data for the beneﬁt of governance of the Exmouth Gig Club.
- Withdraw your consent if you no longer wish us to process – please bear in mind this has implications for the Exmouth Gig Club in not being fully informed regarding the population of the membership
- Restrict how we process it
- Object to us using it for marketing or research purposes
- Object to us using it in relation to a legal task or in the exercise of an ofﬁcial authority
How do I exercise these rights?
If you would like to access any of the information we hold about you or have concerns regarding the way we have processed your information, please contact:
Tanya Netherway, Secretary to Exmouth Gig Club.
Address – Exmouth Gig Club C/O 91 Langstone Drive, Exmouth, EX8 4JB
If I don’t agree with something
We would prefer any complaints to be made to us initially so that we have the opportunity to see if we can put things right. However, if you are unhappy with the way we have processed your information or how we have responded to your request to exercise any of your rights in relation to your data, you can raise your concerns direct with the Information Commissioner’s Office (Tel: 0303 123 1113)
Why do you need the information?
As a member of Exmouth Gig Club we need your name, address, email and phone contact information and next of kin. We need to be able to contact you to arrange rowing and club based activities. By signing this form and returning you are giving consent to the Exmouth Gig Club processing your data as detailed above.