UPDATE FROM CARADON GIG ROWING CLUB
28th of February @ 14.30hrs
“Just to confirm that the Three Rivers Race on Saturday 2nd of March will definitely be going ahead.
However, please note: Due to the weather forecast the coxes meeting is being brought forward to the earlier time of 11.30hrs and the start of the Ladies Race is being brought forward to 12.00 noon, in an attempt to have both races completed before the tide turns.
It is at each club’s own discretion as to whether they send their crews out to race. Some less experienced crews may struggle against the wind on the more exposed parts of the river. Any crew that is struggling can drop out of the race if necessary when they get to Saltash waterfront on the way back down the river i.e. under the bridges, at approximately the half way stage. Only crews completing the full course will have a time and over all result“
All times below have been updated to reflect these changes. Please note our unloading time remains the same.
GETTING THERE & AWAY
The gigs are launched and recovered from Old Ferry Road (Saltash) down the slipway adjacent to an area known as “The Green” (see map below). The nearest postcode for your Sat Nav is PL12 6AZ.
You will not be able to park here (unless you are towing a gig boat!) so please make use of nearby nearby public car parks (see below).
There is a record entry of 86 crews, from 54 clubs so each club has an arrival time slot to keep congestion to a minimum.
Please ensure all crews are at the Slipway for 9.00am to help unload Rodney and Shelly.
Anyone racing will be charged £10 to take part. These can be paid into the club account via BACS in advance or handed to Greg Price on the day.
- Belle Vue (West), Belle Vue Road, Saltash, PL12 6ES
- Culver Road, Saltash, PL12 4DW
- Alexandra Square, Saltash, PL12 6AN (This car park has some spaces for reserved permit holders only).
If you don’t have change then Cornwall uses which you can download for your phone.
Refreshments will be available from Caradon Gig Club in the Saltash Sailing Club, and Just Be and Ashtorre Rock (under the bridges) will also be open.
RACING / TIMINGS
- The coxes meeting will be held at 11.30am on the Town Quay (opposite Live Wire)
- The first race (Ladies) will start at 12.00pm prompt.
- The mens race will start after all the ladies crews have finished (approx. start time 1.30p.m.)
- Each crew has been allocated a heat and berth based on the results from the 2018 World Championships.
- Each heat will be set off at approx. 2 minute intervals.
- Loading gigs after the mens race – This will be a bun fight so try to be patient!
- There are two slipways: Each gig will be told which slipway to use.
All crews are expected to assist with loading Rodney and Shelly regardless of when their race finishes.
Click to enlarge
|Ladies A||Shelly Maid||Coxswain||George Ford|
|Ladies B||Endurance||Coxswain||Rob Santucci|
|Ladies C||Rodney Bey||Coxswain||David Lomas|
|Mens A||Shelly Maid||Coxswain||Karen Mossman|
|Mens B||Rodney Bey||Coxswain||Polly Williams|
ON THE DAY CONTACTS
Please contact your crew co-ordinator if you have any issues on the day. Those towing should contact Greg if it concerns towing or their crew co-ordinator for anything else.