Thank you to all clubs who attended the EGM today, Sunday 17th October, 2021.
There will be a separate update sent this week.
ROWING REGISTER – 3rd QUARTER
Thanks to those clubs who have completed this task. The deadline has now passed.
If you are listed below, please send your register asap, it was due on the 30th September.
|Bideford||Calstock||CRAB||Fowey||Par Bay||St Agnes|
|Bishops Stortford||Caradon||Culdrose||H4H||Port Isaac||St Mawgan|
|Boscastle & CH||Charlestown||Exmouth||Ilfracombe||Raleigh||Torpoint Rowers|
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2022
As we are all aware last year’s AGM was completed via zoom due to the circumstances.
In January 2022 we would hope that group meetings of large numbers can take place inside, but we are asking you, the membership your opinions would rather have the AGM at a location, via zoom or a combination of both.
Please add your opinion.
Information on booking your travel will be sent in a separate email this week. Please keep an eye out as it has all you need to know and how to book.
Each club will also be sent a separate code for club use only, not to be shared on social media etc as it generates the discount for CPGA club members.
SPORT ENGLAND CLUB MATTERS
Always a useful website with a wide range of material that are free. Sport England Club Matters
SOMERSET PHOTO COMPETITION 2021
Anyone who rows in a Somerset based club or has had the pleasure of rowing around the Somerset coast, get entering the Somerset Photo competition. A great opportunity to showcase gig rowing and the landscape of the area.
Read more about it here. Deadline for entries – Sunday 21st November, 2021.
FIXTURE LIST 2022
Draft one (1) of the Fixture list 2022 has been published, there are a significant number of events not listed, as clubs have yet to submit dates.
If your clubs’ event is one of these, please use the link and submit a series of dates asap.
If you purchase anything from Amazon, please do so via the link and the CPGA do get a donation.
Get shopping Amazon Smile.
This can also be applied when purchasing via a mobile app.
Thanks to those who have already supported using this link.
SPORT ENGLAND – RETURN TO PLAY – GRANT
Take a look, might be that you can apply as a club for one of these small grants.
Awards of £300-£10,000 are possible:
- Awards are to help with essential changes to services or facilities and for new projects responding to the need to offer alternatives as a result of the pandemic.
- All applications should be focused on responding to the effects of the pandemic.
- Applications should be in line with the government’s national and local guidelines at the time you apply.
- Applications can be received by not-for-profit organisations.
- The programme will remain open until the end of 2021.
There are still a number of covid infections within the population, we recommend that when in close contact e.g. launching / loading a boat / enclosed space e.g. gig shed – masks are worn. We also recommend where possible to keep social distancing.
Lateral flow tests are becoming a common place twice weekly task for many, we would also suggest that this is encouraged by clubs for those who might not necessarily have to complete a test for work purposes. As well as reminding members that should they show a positive test, do not attend training or if they show symptoms to not attend training.
For those attending any regattas – you are being asked by the host clubs to complete various tasks before attending. Please help the clubs by working with them and completing as asked by the deadlines.
Monday 19th July was the day that restrictions were lifted legally.
For CPGA clubs we offer the following guidance:
With cases of Covid still rising, we encourage clubs to maintain a covid secure protocol.
- Wash / sanitize hands regularly
- Do not row / visit your club / regatta if you or anyone in your household are showing signs of covid
- Encourage individuals to take lateral flow tests (still free of charge) if they are not already for their work
- Continue to monitor with a Club QR code or the clubs method of track and track, or continue with the NHS QR code
- Respect the rules set by your club and help yourself, club members and public stay healthy
- Follow rules set out by your club to keep equipment and facilities clean
- Be kind to your club committee who are giving their time to ensure all are safe and rowing can take place
Social distancing no longer remains at 2 metres, but as a club you need to decide what you are happy with amongst members / as a committee.
Likewise, indoors, close contact when lifting gigs, confined spaces etc housing for a gig, clubs may wish to consider a policy regarding face coverings.
You may wish to set crews according to their wishes eg those that are double jabbed, age groups, those continuing to wear masks.
For more information, please visit
How to Stay Safe and help prevent the spread
Managing COVID – 19
As more people return to rowing and hopefully clubs become the hive of local activity again, please refer to the CPGA policies.
Some quick reminders – coxes need to be wearing lifejackets at all times, submission dates for rowing registers, safety, ever changing risk assessments to name a few.
DATES FOR THE DIARY
Title Date / Deadline Venue / Action
Rowing Reg 4th Quarter 30th December Via email
AGM 2022 16th January TBC