QUEEN’S PLATINUM JUBILEE ACTIVITY FUND
Its worth taking a look to see if any projects that your club are considering this year fit this new fund criteria.
Between £300 and £10,000 so worth taking a look.
Visit the Sport England Website for more details – click here.
FIXTURE LIST 2022
This has been published, although despite wishing to update this week we are just waiting for a few potential changes to be given the nod, once this is complete it will be published.
ROWING REGISTER – 4th QUARTER, 2021
Missing rowing registers – please submit asap.
ASDA FOUNDATION GREEN TOKEN GIVING
DO KEEP VOTING
Thanks to those who have already voted, remember you can vote weekly. Please continue to support this activity. Vote here. Simply select Bodmin on the drop down list and then CPGA.
The CPGA has been nominated to be part of the Asda Foundation Green Token Giving online vote through the Asda store at Bodmin, Cornwall.
The vote went live on the (01/12/21) and voting will close at midnight on Monday 31st January 2022.
WORLD GIG CHAMPS 2022 TRAVEL
Please remind all booking that they need to follow the information that was sent via mailchimp a while ago and input the code at the start, otherwise the discount is not active.
Information about booking your travel via IOSSC has been sent to all clubs via a mailchimp update, an individual email has also been sent to each club with your club’s specific discount code.
A reminder from the IOSSC – Please can you remind all of your club members (included in the email – IOS Gig Championship 2022 Travel Information)
For the 2022 IOS World Championships there is a unique discount code that is being supplied to your main club contact. It is important that before you attempt to book you have received this code and are ready to input.
There is a code that each main club contact is being sent which you need in order to gain the discount.This must not to appear on any social media / websites and any abuse of the code will result in the club members loosing potential discounts in future years.
FYI regarding the Scillonian Sailings:
- Thursday 28th April there is a double sailing, the second sailing from Penzance now has very limited seats left.
- Monday 2nd May sailing from St Mary’s the first sailing (11:15) is full.
WORLD GIG CHAMPS 2022 SHIPPING
We are nearly there, just a few final hiccups that need resolving before we publish dates to each club.
Please note there have been requests that clubs keep their gigs up to a certain date, whilst it would be lovely to be able to accommodate requests, it simply isn’t possible and do a fair rota for gigs going to the islands.
First shipping date is Monday 7th March on the Gry Martha.
Costings for your information, this is additional to race entry fees.
Thanks to those who have already supported using this link.
If you purchase anything from Amazon, please do so via the link and the CPGA do get a donation. Get shopping Amazon Smile.
This can also be applied when purchasing via a mobile app.
Please continue to be aware that Covid has not disappeared. Numbers of infections are still high, but falling. Please remain sensible in your approach as a club and be ready to react if the situation changes.
We continue to recommend the following below.
With a significant rise in covid infections and the new variant, we recommend that when in close contact e.g. launching / loading a boat / enclosed space e.g. gig shed – masks are worn. We also recommend where possible to keep social distancing.
Lateral flow tests are now commonplace task for many, we would suggest that this is encouraged by clubs prior to any training session, in addition to, for many completing for work purposes. As well as reminding all members, that should they show a positive test do not attend training or if they show symptoms to not attend training.
Coxes may wish to return to wearing protecting eg face shield, eye protection, mask when coxing.
For CPGA clubs we offer the following guidance:
With cases of Covid rising, we encourage clubs to maintain a covid secure protocol.
- Wash / sanitize hands regularly
- Do not row / visit your club / regatta if you or anyone in your household are showing signs of covid
- Encourage individuals to take lateral flow tests (still free of charge) if they are not already for their work
- Continue to monitor with a Club QR code or the clubs method of track and track, or continue with the NHS QR code
- Respect the rules set by your club and help yourself, club members and public stay healthy
- Follow rules set out by your club to keep equipment and facilities clean
- Be kind to your club committee who are giving their time to ensure all are safe and rowing can take place
Social distancing no longer remains at 2 metres, but as a club you need to decide what you are happy with amongst members / as a committee.
Likewise, indoors, close contact when lifting gigs, confined spaces etc housing for a gig, clubs may wish to consider a policy regarding face coverings.
You may wish to set crews according to their wishes eg those that are double jabbed/ boosters, age groups, those continuing to wear masks etc
For more information, please visit
How to Stay Safe and help prevent the spread
Managing COVID – 19
SPORT ENGLAND – RETURN TO PLAY – GRANT
Take a look, might be that you can apply as a club for one of these small grants.
Awards of £300-£10,000 are possible:
- Awards are to help with essential changes to services or facilities and for new projects responding to the need to offer alternatives as a result of the pandemic.
- All applications should be focused on responding to the effects of the pandemic.
- Applications should be in line with the government’s national and local guidelines at the time you apply.
- Applications can be received by not-for-profit organisations.
- The programme will remain open until the end of 2021.
Title Date / Deadline Venue / Action
Green token voting 31st January, 2022 Via link
Rowing Register 31st March, 2022 Via link