From the 24th September, clubs are also required to display an official NHS QR code to support NHS Test and Trace. Leisure and Tourism – Clubs providing team sporting activities.
You can create your own Club NHS QR code using the link. PLEASE NOTE this is in addition to your club’s own track and trace, not instead of.
Some clubs have now decided that they are suspending rowing for various reasons. This is entirely the decision of the clubs and although it might not be something that an individual member wants, it has been done with the best of intentions and therefore please support your committee at a difficult time.
All clubs need to ensure that they have procedures in place should a member test positive for Covid who has been actively rowing / interacting with the club membership. In the event of this, what are the steps that would be taken and how are you going to ensure that the necessary members / community know?
The Covid advice / guidance can be found on the CPGA Website Covid page.
CPGA CLUBS 2nd FORUM ‘RETURN TO ROWING’
Thanks to all those who attended. A positive forum and a great way of sharing good practice and informing others about what has worked etc. There are currently no plans to hold more but should there be a requirement we will.
Key comments / info:
- Most clubs are not currently rowing juniors, those that are have exclusive junior kit.
- Most clubs are not running novice sessions.
- A number of clubs are using a pump spray for cleaning.
- Monitor potential local lockdowns and the implications for rowing.
- Rule of 6 doesn’t apply to organised sport but need to be conscious that once rowing has finished should not be in a group of more than 6.
- Disposing of waste once cleaning completed, most are allocating a member from that bubble to be responsible for waste disposal.
- Clubs are mainly rowing in bubbles, these ideally should not cross. If there is cross over, this would affect everyone within the crossover bubbles.
- Bubbles / crew details should be stored for 21 days for track and trace purposes, many are using google or similar online as they are safe and GDPR compliant.
Thanks to those who have already submitted dates for 2021.
We currently have no idea what next year will hold regarding regattas, but we need to prepare.
So please can you select your best three (3) dates and submit in order of preference by the 30th September 2020. Simply send to firstname.lastname@example.org
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING
This will be held in the appropriate format on the 17th January 2021.
Any proposal for the AGM need to be submitted to email@example.com in the correct manner by the 30th October, 2020.
Any applications for membership need to have submitted the necessary documentation by the 30th October 2020 via the postal system, backed up with an electronic copy.
ROWING REGISTER 3RD QUARTER – SEPTEMBER 2020
We are all aware that there was no rowing from the 16th March until the 29th August.
We are therefore not requiring a June register, but if you are back on the water by the 30th September, please submit your rowing register. Thank you to those who have already completed this task.
Please remember that there were changes to the format of the 2020 Rowing Register, follow the link and download the doc – Insert-Club Name – CPGA Rowing Reg March 2020
There are still some clubs with outstanding rowing registers due for March. See table below.
|No Register Submitted||Submitted but requires amendment|
RECYLING INKJET AND TONER CARTRIDGES
There are weekly emails from the recycling company – so a thank you to all who are continuing to use this service to the benefit of the environment and the CPGA.
Anyone who hasn’t yet, here is a great opportunity to recycle an item that most homes, offices etc have.
Please read the following and where possible, spread the word about recycling for the CPGA.
DATES FOR THE DIARY
Title Date / Deadline Venue / Action
Regattas 2021 30th September 2020 Via email
Submission for CPGA Membership 30th October 2020 Contact email
Proposals for AGM 2021 30th October 2020 CPGA Sec
AGM 2021 17th January 2021 TBC