Social media is a powerful tool. Positive presentation is a fantastic way to present our sport.
Currently eyes are watching, make sure that your club / individuals are always following guidance.
Risk Assessments, make sure these are current and up to date with the latest guidance / government rulings.
All the Covid advice / guidance can be found on the CPGA Website Covid page.
Sport England some guidance / information and FAQ can be found here.
Please remember that all guidance needs to be followed when rowing.
RETURNED TO ROWING?
Over half the membership responded. We are aware that those who have not are a mix of yes and no.
CPGA CLUBS 2nd FORUM ‘RETURN TO ROWING’
Thanks to all those who attended. A positive forum and a great way of sharing good practice and informing others about what has worked etc. There are currently no plans to hold more but should there be a requirement we will.
Key comments / info:
- Most clubs are not currently rowing juniors, those that are have exclusive junior kit.
- Most clubs are not running novice sessions.
- A number of clubs are using a pump spray for cleaning.
- Monitor potential local lockdowns and the implications for rowing.
- Rule of 6 doesn’t apply to organised sport but need to be conscious that once rowing has finished should not be in a group of more than 6.
- Disposing of waste once cleaning completed, most are allocating a member from that bubble to be responsible for waste disposal.
- Clubs are mainly rowing in bubbles, these ideally should not cross. If there is cross over, this would affect everyone within both bubbles.
- Bubbles / crew details should be stored for 21 days for track and trace purposes, many are using google or similar online as they are safe and GDPR compliant.
Thanks to those who have already submitted dates for 2021.
We currently have no idea what next year will hold regarding regattas, but we need to prepare.
So please can you select your best three (3) dates and submit in order of preference by the 30th September 2020. Simply send to email@example.com
ROWING REGISTER 3RD QUARTER – SEPTEMBER 2020
We are all aware that there has been no rowing since the 16th March and that some rowing is now beginning.
We are therefore not requiring a June register, but if you are back on the water by the 30th September, please submit your rowing register.
Please remember that there were changes to the format of the 2020 Rowing Register, follow the link and download the doc – Insert-Club Name – CPGA Rowing Reg March 2020
There are still some clubs with outstanding rowing registers due for March. See table below.
|No Register Submitted||Submitted but requires amendment|
RECYCLING INKJET AND TONER CARTRIDGES
There are weekly emails from the recycling company – so a thank you to all who are continuing to use this service to the benefit of the environment and the CPGA.
Anyone who hasn’t yet, here is a great opportunity to recycle an item that most homes, offices etc have.
Please read the following and where possible, spread the word about recycling for the CPGA.
With lots of shopping being done online now, please share with your membership the link below.
If you purchase anything from Amazon, please do so via the link and the CPGA do get a donation.
Get shopping Amazon Smile.
This can also be applied when purchasing via a mobile app.
DATES FOR THE DIARY
|Title||Date / Deadline||Venue / Action|
|Regattas 2021||30th September 2020||Via email|
|Submission for CPGA Membership||30th October 2020||Contact|
|Proposals for AGM 2021||30th October 2020||As above|
|AGM 2021||17th January 2021||TBC|