No 35 – PLEASE SHARE WITH YOUR CLUB MEMBERSHIP
With increased numbers of Covid infections in the South West as a whole, we recommend that when in close contact e.g. launching / loading a boat / enclosed space e.g. gig shed – masks are worn. We also recommend where possible to keep social distancing.
Lateral flow tests are becoming a common place twice weekly task for many, we would also suggest that this is encouraged by clubs for those who might not necessarily have to complete a test for work purposes. As well as reminding members that should they show a positive test, do not attend training or if they show symptoms to not attend training.
For those attending any regattas – you are being asked by the host clubs to complete various tasks before attending. Please help the clubs by working with them and completing as asked by the deadlines.
Monday 19th July was the day that restrictions were lifted legally.
For CPGA clubs we offer the following guidance:
With cases of Covid still rising, we encourage clubs to maintain a covid secure protocol.
- Wash / sanitize hands regularly
- Do not row / visit your club / regatta if you or anyone in your household are showing signs of Covid
- Encourage individuals to take lateral flow tests (still free of charge) if they are not already for their work
- Continue to monitor with a Club QR code or the clubs method of track and track, or continue with the NHS QR code
- Respect the rules set by your club and help yourself, club members and public stay healthy
- Follow rules set out by your club to keep equipment and facilities clean
- Be kind to your club committee who are giving their time to ensure all are safe and rowing can take place
Social distancing no longer remains at 2 metres, but as a club you need to decide what you are happy with amongst members / as a committee.
Likewise, indoors, close contact when lifting gigs, confined spaces etc housing for a gig, clubs may wish to consider a policy regarding face coverings.
You may wish to set crews according to their wishes eg those that are double jabbed, age groups, those continuing to wear masks.
For more information, please visit
How to Stay Safe and help prevent the spread
Managing COVID – 19
U14, 15 & 16 CHAMPIONSHIPS RESULTS
Thanks to Hayle for hosting an event following Covid secure protocol, to the clubs who loaned boats without hesitation so that the juniors could get on the water.
Winner for each category:
U14 – Fowey A
U15 – Caradon A
U16 – Rame A
Full Results here.
CPGA STRATEGY PROPOSAL
This has been sent to all. Please check your emails, if you have not received it, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org direct.
A whole sport session via Zoom has been scheduled for Wednesday 8th September 2021 at 19:30. Please sign up using the following link – Zoom sign up
As more people return to rowing and hopefully clubs become the hive of local activity again, please refer to the CPGA policies.
Some quick reminders – coxes need to be wearing lifejackets at all times, submission dates for rowing registers, safety, ever changing risk assessments to name a few.
Thanks to those who have completed to date.
Looking forward in a positive manner.
2022 fixture list. Please use the link and complete the necessary information. Deadline 14th September.
FIXTURE LIST 2021
The latest version of the fixture list (22/08/21).
There are a couple of cancelled events, plus Teign have changed date and please note their event is ‘Round the Island Race’.
SPORT ENGLAND – RETURN TO PLAY – SMALL GRANTS
Take a look, might be that you can apply as a club for one of these small grants.
Awards of £300-£10,000 are possible:
- Awards are to help with essential changes to services or facilities and for new projects responding to the need to offer alternatives as a result of the pandemic.
- All applications should be focused on responding to the effects of the pandemic.
- Applications should be in line with the government’s national and local guidelines at the time you apply.
- Applications can be received by not-for-profit organisations.
- The programme will remain open until the end of 2021.
Sport England – Return to Play – Small Grants – link
DATES FOR THE DIARY
Title Date / Deadline Venue / Action
Safety Officer details ASAP Via link
Zoom – CPGA Strategy Proposal 8th September Via link – sign up
Fixture Dates 2022 14th September Via link
Rowing Reg 3rd Quarter 30th September Via email