FIXTURE LIST 2021
The latest version of the fixture list has now been published, but please be aware that there are still changes being made.
Statement from Newquay this week regarding the championships:
“Our plans are still ongoing but on hold at present due to rising cases in Newquay. The event will have to be scaled down or cancelled if the present situation escalates further. We will review our position again in 2 weeks (1/8/21) and update clubs through the CPGA. “
As clubs assess the pressure of running an event under COVID secure protocol several clubs have decided to cancel their events for 2021. These have been difficult decisions and we all need to respect committees / clubs who have decided not to go ahead.
Some clubs in response to local councils or landowners have had to make the decision to postpone or cancel to a date later in the year or out of school holidays. An overriding concern for many clubs is that they don’t want to risk an event that might cause an infection spike in the local area that would then be detrimental to local businesses, with potential staff isolation / closure at the busiest time of the year for many locations.
Some clubs have also rescheduled their events to later in the year due to the sheer number of visitors expected at their location throughout the summer months.
2021 – July V3 Fixture List
Monday 19th July was the day that restrictions were lifted legally.
For CPGA clubs we offer the following guidance:
With cases of Covid still rising, we encourage clubs to maintain a covid secure protocol.
- Wash / sanitize hands regularly
- Do not row / visit your club / regatta if you or anyone in your household are showing signs of covid
- Encourage individuals to take lateral flow tests (still free of charge) if they are not already for their work
- Continue to monitor with a Club QR code or the clubs method of track and track, or continue with the NHS QR code
- Respect the rules set by your club and help yourself, club members and public stay healthy
- Follow rules set out by your club to keep equipment and facilities clean
- Be kind to your club committee who are giving their time to ensure all are safe and rowing can take place
Social distancing no longer remains at 2 metres, but as a club you need to decide what you are happy with amongst members / as a committee.
Likewise, indoors, close contact when lifting gigs, confined spaces etc housing for a gig, clubs may wish to consider a policy regarding face coverings.
You may wish to set crews according to their wishes eg those that are double jabbed, age groups, those continuing to wear masks.
For more information, please visit
How to Stay Safe and help prevent the spread
Managing COVID – 19
ROWING REGISTER 2nd QUARTER – MISSED DEADLINE
Thanks to all those who submitted rowing registers this week.
The deadline has now passed, it was the 30th June.
If you are listed below, please send an updated rowing register asap.
As more people return to rowing and hopefully clubs become the hive of local activity again, please refer to the CPGA policies.
Some quick reminders – coxes need to be wearing lifejackets at all times, submission dates for rowing registers, safety, ever changing risk assessments to name a few.
CORNWALL COMMUNITY CHEST SCHEME
If your clubs has a project that you think fits the criteria, get applying.
The grants can cover a wide range of activities, check out the link for more info.
CLUB FUNDING – SOMERSET & BRISTOL
Clubs in Crisis fund can be applied for up to £2021, to help your club provide ‘sport for development’ activities to young people.
Check out the info via the link. Deadline for application 4th August, 2021.
SPORT ENGLAND – RETURN TO PLAY – SMALL GRANTS
Take a look, might be that you can apply as a club for one of these small grants.
Awards of £300-£10,000 are possible:
- Awards are to help with essential changes to services or facilities and for new projects responding to the need to offer alternatives as a result of the pandemic.
- All applications should be focused on responding to the effects of the pandemic.
- Applications should be in line with the government’s national and local guidelines at the time you apply.
- Applications can be received by not-for-profit organisations.
- The programme will remain open until the end of 2021.
Sport England – Return to Play – Small Grants – link
BUSINESS STRATEGY FEEDBACK
Following consultation and feedback please see the links regarding information on the proposed Individual Membership – survey results.
All clubs have also had an email sent. CPGA and Gigrower websites.
CLUB SAFETY OFFICER
Thanks to all those who have completed this task. If you have not, please do so asap. It is a CPGA requirement that all clubs appoint a safety officer.
The named person needs to have their details logged with the CPGA. Many over the recent year have changed, therefore please can ALL clubs complete the following.
You will be getting a follow up email this week, so please submit asap.
Safety Officer details
IOS WORLD CHAMPIONSHIPS 2022
The IOS World Championship committee have updated their website regarding World Champs 2022.
Please complete the necessary info as required.
DEADLINE – the end of this month.
DATES FOR THE DIARY
Title Date / Deadline Venue / Action
Safety Officer details ASAP Via link
IOS World Champs 2022 31st July Via link
Rowing Reg 3rd Quarter 30th September Via email