RETURN TO ROWING / COVID UPDATE
The map out of lockdown has now been published.
Rowing can resume on the 29th March providing all COVID secure protocols are in place. Please revisit your risk assessments, update as needed and if there are any aspects that you know can be improved take this time to do so.
Some key points to remember when rowing in COVID secure measures, which is required from all.
- Social distancing where possible
- Masks on launch and recovery
- No changing of crews/cox during a rowing session
- No stopping to socialize / turning around during the row
- Wearing of masks / face shields for coxes
- Cleaning boat and equipment between rowing sessions and after use
- Contact tracing in place (see Weekly Update 40 for QR codes / NHS tracing)
Remember that the rule of six / two households applies when not rowing and no indoor mixing of different households is allowed. Although dates have been published, for further releasing of the lockdown, please note that they are ‘no earlier than’ and dependant on data.
Further information will be published in due course.
Government Covid 19 Response
British Rowing Covid 19 Response
CPGA BUSINESS STRATEGY Q & A SESSIONS
If your club hasn’t attended or signed up and wish to, there are a few spaces remaining Q & A sign up.
We would like to thank all who have taken time to read, digest, ask questions, attend Q & A sessions, send emails and take part in the survey.
Please be assured we are listening and will publish updated information as the weeks progress.
Based on feedback from clubs the EGM will not be before June. This will give clubs time to receive the individual survey results and reflect on the wishes of the community. There will be plenty of notice given, including the 21 days as required for an EGM.
We can confirm that if the Business Strategy is adopted, any introduction of new membership schemes would not occur until 2022 at the earliest, as the Business Strategy will be amended to take the continuing impact of Covid into account.
IOS TRAVEL 2021
With the publication of the roadmap out of COVID, accommodation has different dates for opening. This does have an effect on anyone who intended to go the IOS over what would have been the championships using their rollover travel / accommodation from 2019.
The message below is from the Isles of Scilly Steamship Company:
As things stand the 2022 schedule isn’t out yet but anyone wishing to move their booking to next year (2022) would be allowed to do so. Essentially the process would work as follows:
- Customer emails us at firstname.lastname@example.org to let us know they will not be able to travel this year due to accommodation restrictions and would like to travel next year – if they know the specific dates next year then please include this.
- We will amend the booking to a new ‘dummy’ travel date of 27th March next year – (an arbitrary date when we are not actually travelling) – which will allow the credit to be kept against the booking for use in 2022
- We will record the customers email address and any preference for new travel dates so that when next year’s timetable is released, we can contact them and make the necessary changes
- We will not charge amendment fees for this type of change and will price match the fares already paid on a like for like basis.
As previously mentioned, your local Active Partnership (use the link to locate your partnership website / contact details) is worth checking out on a regular basis.
They are divided up on a geographical basis and have plenty of local information as well as national.
ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING 2021
If you are listed below, please can you inform us of the person who was in attendance or whether there was no attendance from your club at the AGM last week. (Sunday 17th January 2021)
ROWING REGISTER 4TH QUARTER – DECEMBER 2020
Thanks to all those who have submitted rowing registers, throughout 2020, what a year!
We are all aware that there was no rowing from the 16th March until the 29th August and from the 4th November until the 2nd December.
The final Rowing Register for 2020 was due on the 30th December.All missing registers listed below. Please remember that if there are no changes you still need to let us know.
Please remember that there were changes to the format of the 2020 Rowing Register, follow the link and download the doc – Insert-Club Name – CPGA Rowing Reg March 2020
|Broadsands||Culdrose||London Cornish||Port Isaac||RM Tamar|
Thanks to all who have been donating via this route.
With lots of shopping being done online now, please share with your membership the link below.
If you purchase anything from Amazon, please do so via the link and the CPGA do get a donation.
Get shopping Amazon Smile.
This can also be applied when purchasing via a mobile app.
RECYCLING INKJET AND TONER CARTRIDGES
There are weekly emails from the recycling company – so a thank you to all who are continuing to use this service to the benefit of the environment and the CPGA.
Anyone who hasn’t yet, here is a great opportunity to recycle an item that most homes, offices etc have.
Please read the following and where possible, spread the word about recycling for the CPGA.
DATES FOR THE DIARY
Title Date / Deadline Venue / Action
Individual Membership Survey Monday 5th April Online via link